Apr 26, 2023
What does a community manager do?
- Develop and implement community engagement strategies to promote the organization or brand
- Manage social media accounts and respond to comments and messages from followers
- Plan and execute events and programs that bring members of the community together
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing and customer service, to ensure consistent messaging and branding
- Analyze community engagement metrics to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement
- Respond to community concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and influencers in the community
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and best practices related to community management
How much does a community manager make?
The median annual wage for public relations and fundraising managers, which includes community managers, was $119,390 in May 2021. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $64,480, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $208,000.
Is community management a good career?
Employment of public relations and fundraising managers, including community managers, is projected to grow 9 percent from 2021 to 2031, about as fast as the average for all occupations. As organizations continue to recognize the value of building and maintaining strong relationships with their communities, the demand for community managers is expected to increase.