Apr 26, 2023
What does a Scrum Master do?
- Facilitate the Scrum process by guiding the team through sprints, stand-ups, and other Scrum ceremonies
- Help the team identify and remove impediments that prevent them from delivering high-quality work
- Coach and mentor team members on Agile principles and best practices
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between team members, stakeholders, and other Scrum Masters
- Monitor team performance and identify areas for improvement
- Help the team establish and meet sprint goals
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and learning within the team
- Ensure that the team follows Scrum guidelines and best practices
How much does a Scrum Master make?
The median annual wage for computer and information systems managers, which includes Scrum Masters, was $151,150 in May 2021. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $87,130, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $208,000.
Is Scrum Master a good career?
Employment of computer and information systems managers, including Scrum Masters, is projected to grow 10 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations. As organizations continue to adopt Agile methodologies and seek to improve their software development processes, the demand for Scrum Masters is expected to increase.