Apr 26, 2023
What does a service writer do?
- Communicate with customers to understand their automotive service needs
- Prepare accurate and detailed service estimates for customers
- Coordinate with service technicians to ensure timely completion of repairs and maintenance
- Manage service appointments and schedule work orders
- Keep customers informed about the status of their vehicle and any necessary repairs
- Maintain accurate records of service history and warranty information
- Handle customer complaints and resolve any issues related to service
- Stay up-to-date on automotive technology and industry trends
How much does a service writer make?
The median annual wage for service writers was $43,110 in May 2021. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $26,180, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $72,740.
Is service writer a good career?
Employment of service writers is projected to grow 5 percent from 2021 to 2031, about as fast as the average for all occupations. As vehicles become more complex and technology continues to advance, the demand for service writers who can communicate technical information to customers is expected to increase.